Sunday, August 9, 2015

Hanna Tjhin – The Owner of Wilshire and Bottega Ristorante

This week, WNJ lucky had the chance to meet and interview Ms. Hanna Tjhin, a warm sophisticated Indonesian lady who owns and runs the Wilshire and Bottega Ristorante with her best friend’s Dolly.

WNJ: Ms. Hanna can you give us brief introduction about yourself?
Hanna: I am a very positive person and live in the moment. I appreciate life and pursue happiness.

WNJ: Tell us about your culinary business, I heard you have no culinary background, how do you manage it?
Hanna: Me and my partner Dolly used to stay in Los Angeles, California. We fell in love with the lifestyle and were fascinated by the melting pot culture. Therefore, we aimed to bring this back to Jakarta by introducing Wilshire and later Bottega Ristorante.
Dolly used to study culinary in Le Cordon Blu an even worked in a few Michelin stars restaurant, therefore I have nothing to worry about in terms of food. I mostly handle the drinks and operation aspect of the restaurant.

WNJ: Jakarta has so many restaurants that offer variety food and atmosphere. Do you think your restaurants can compete with them?
Hanna: Yes. Our restaurants provides our guests, a welcoming and cozy ambience, a setting perfect for one to stay a long time. Furthermore, our delicious cuisines using only the best ingredients will keep our customers coming back for more. We also have a very extrensive wine and whiskey selection at a very competitive price. This all adds up to an overall DINING experience.

WNJ: Besides doing the management, you also doing the mix for the drinks, can you tell us more about it?
Hanna: Well, I love alcohol. And I am active and involved in the making of the drinks menu of Wilshire. Therefore, I plan to take more mixologist classes to ensure that my customers will always have the best.

WNJ: Can you give some advice to the young professionals who are working on the same industry?
Answer: Believe in yourself and never give up.

WNJ: What do you do during the weekend?
Hanna: I love reading books, history, television shows and just spending time with my family and friends.

WNJ: Can you please explain to our readers what is the most difficult thing to do in this industry?
Hanna: Maintaining the same level of consistency in the food standard is the big thing in this industry, but with the support from all of our employees, I think we manage it well. Employee turn over ratio is also high in this industry.

WNJ: Is there anyone who really inspired you a lot especially on this terms of culinary industry?
Hanna: My parents. They are the most hardworking, humble and happiest people I ever known.
Hanna: I think I’ll be a private jet. Because I can fly anywhere I want ;)

The day was very fun because of the opportunity to visit a restaurant that is very comfortable and also spoke with a young professional woman who is very friendly, warm, and also smart, who is also the owner of this restaurant. Thank you Hanna for a very pleasant interview, hopefully this article can inspire our readers and our prayers for the success of Wilshire and Bottega Ristorante!

Visit Hanna’s restaurants;
Wilshire Restaurant
Jl. Senopati no. 64 Jakarta 12190 – Indonesia
+62 21 722 8129
http://wilshire.co.id/

Bottega Ristorante
Menara Bank Danamon. Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio Kav. E-4 No. 6, Mega Kuningan, Jakarta, Indonesia 12950
+6221 57992222
http://ift.tt/1L0Mrdr



from Whats New Jakarta http://ift.tt/1P0naOt
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment